Friday, June 26, 2015

Reflections come in many forms, often at times when we let all heavy thinking go and immerse ourselves fully in an activity at hand. Focusing beyond the present mindset of our work opens the mind to connections and insights, as was the case for me as I took a walk into the forest last evening with my dogs. Flashes of student gallery poster walks that best define the transferable skills, building contextual, individual student identity with PLP's, and working in concert with Ed Puzzle assessments resonated deeply. Perhaps more striking were the pieces of professional interactions beyond the work zone: eating together, throwing a frisbee, driving in with a colleague, all providing me with a deeper appreciation for and understanding of connections and learning equally, if not of greater value. These relationships hold the building blocks of a deeper intrinsic value that I am struggling to foster, develop and maintain within my classroom. How do I balance the technology necessary for 21st century skills while providing experiences that will enrich the whole child, support learning from and appreciation for one another?

No comments:

Post a Comment